It's been a while since my last update, and that is equal parts being sidetracked on other projects, and being too busy to update the blog.
I was having some trouble finding someone to help me make a adapter plate and coupler. I was referred to Geoff O'Tool who I found out actually made the coupler for the Starion. Geoff came to my place and after a chat and some measurements, he took some of the important bits back to his workshop so he can make a start.
I thought it was about time that I pulled out the Jeep V6, and after a few hours I had the car stripped sufficiently with all the wiring and accessories disconnected. Crazy Al came over to give me a hand in removing the engine, and as I have the car under my carport on a dirt floor, I decided to attach the engine crane to my tractor for a fighting chance at moving the loaded crane. It all went pretty smoothly with Al adjusting the height of the crane, and me on the tractor. Good preparation meant we were done in about 10 minutes. I ended up buying a 300kg crane scale so I can keep track of the things going out, and in to the car. The engine weighs in at a 198.2kg.